CALIFORNIA – CCHAL: File HOA Complaints with Attorney General

CCHAL NewsBrief: Filing HOA Complaints with the California Attorney General/article
August 4, 2013
Center for California Homeowner Association Law:Does your association: • Refuse to hold elections? • Hold board meetings without giving homeowners notice? • Falsify or tamper with association records? • Refuse to give access to association books and records? • Conduct association business without the required quorum?
Then the place for homeowners to file a complaint about these – and other – violations of the California Corporations Code is with the California Attorney General’s Office.
The Division of Charitable Trusts of the Attorney General’s (AG’s) Office handles SPECIFIC complaints brought by association homeowners.  The list of complaints it will process is at this link:
At this link there is also a list of complaints that the AG’s office does NOT take, e.g. complaints against property management companies, parking and towing issues,
or complaints about assessments. Do read the list carefully.  Read more:

Posted on August 19, 2013, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on CALIFORNIA – CCHAL: File HOA Complaints with Attorney General.

Comments are closed.