CALIFORNIA – Almost 300 members call for recall of three Directors
THE FRIDAY FLYER: Almost 300 members call for recall of three Directors
By Sharon Rice, Editor, The Friday Flyer
July 31, 2015
At a meeting of the Canyon Lake Property Owners Board of Directors last Tuesday, July 21, former POA Treasurer Sean McDonald (2011-2013) presented a packet containing 286 signed petitions calling for the recall of President David Eilers, Treasurer Bruce Yarbrough and Secretary Doug Gordon.
Sean noted that the number was more than the percentage required for a recall election in Canyon Lake under the Davis-Stirling Act.
The reasons given on the petition for recalling these Board members are as follows:
- Violated their fiduciary duties to the membership.
- Violated our governing documents.
- Creating new rules for members that were not previously approved by the Board or the membership.
- Denied CLPOA membership even though the members had complied with approved CLPOA rules for CLPOA membership.
- Orchestrated a new revision of By-laws to disenfranchise more than 1,000 property owners. The proposed By-laws significantly changes property rights or rights of members in an association without a legitimate newly created or recognized need.
- Prohibited CLPOA members from attending POA Board meetings in violation of the Davis-Stirling Act and our current By-laws. Read more:
Posted on August 1, 2015, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on CALIFORNIA – Almost 300 members call for recall of three Directors.