MISSOURI – Residents wait more than 10 months to return after fire, say repair work shoddy and incomplete
by KMOV.com Staff
Posted on May 17, 2013
St. Louis — More than 10 months after fire destroyed several condos in St. Charles some residents are still out of their homes. The residents say the property manager continues to push back the move-in date and give them the run around. Management originally told residents they would be moved in by Thanksgiving of 2012. While some are still waiting to return home, others who have been able to move back in say the repair work is shoddy and incomplete.
For Debra Jahnke and her husband, the fire in their condo building last July was scary enough. But the 10 months since then spent living in a hotel room have been an even bigger struggle. “You could have built a brand new house in 10 months from the ground up,” she said. Scott Collins moved in back in in March and says the work on his condo is far from finished. Read more: